Friday, August 14, 2009

Mass Graduation... Again?!

Yes, yes, this is old news. But I haven't had a chance to formally voice my opinions on it.

EVERYONE IS LEAVING AGAIN!

Elder Club's graduation in March (was it really March? It feels so long ago) was a huge loss to us Morning Musume fans. But we reassured ourselves that everything would be fine. Afterall, we still have our favorite current H!P members to love.

But it seems like Tsunku is doing some late spring cleaning yet again!

I personally thought that Kanna's resignation would be the last "graduation" of the year, considering the enormous loss that H!P had at the beginning. I probably would have bet quite a lot of money that the next person to graduate from a group would be Takahashi or one of the Eggs. But I was wrong.

It's probably some sort of retribution for me laughing at the Kanna fans when she left, because Umeda Erika announced her impending graduation a short while ago.

Sure, c-ute could probably graduate most of its members and become an Airi/Maimi duo, the new GAM, and function well. But I really love Erika. She's tall and awkward and GORGEOUS. She's a good singer and has only done things that endear her to me. She gets a lot of crap for being the "ugly one" but lately that criticism has shifted to other members (*cough*Mai*cough*). Is it me, or are H!P Kids fans awfully hateful? You rarely read a comment or blog post these days without someone mocking Airi or Maimi or Mai or Risako or ANY of those girls... Well, Chisato is pretty beloved. xD

But I digress.

Thanks to Erika, I can now tell the c-ute members apart and I was just starting to give a crap about their singles and albums. But now she is leaving to become a model. It's an appropriate occupation, yes. I'd buy whatever outfit she's trying to sell. Hell, she could sell cardboard boxes and I'd buy one. I just hope we see her again soon.

I may buy C-ute's new concert when it comes out on DVD, depending on if they include a graduation ceremony.

You know, I love that I always find these things out first thing in the morning. I wake up, turn on my iPod, check Facebook, my manga sites, and Twitter. And news like this is ALWAYS posted by the time I wake up. xD


I was just starting to get used to the idea of Erika leaving (okay, I lie. I'll never get used to it) when H!O posted that my two favorite Eggs, Noto Arisa and Sawada Yuri, will be graduating already.

My first thought was NOOOO NOT YURI-TAAAAAN! And then my second thought was "Wait, didn't they already graduate?"

I thought they had graduated with Ongaku Gatas and Elder Club... They were there. They sang. Were they the exceptions?

I love the Gatas Eggs. I really do. Noto is a great idol. She may not be the prettiest, but she's very talented and entertaining. And Yuri-tan... Anyone who reads this blog should know how much I love her. The fact that I call her Yuri-TAN is an indication. I don't normally use honorifics.

Noto will be becoming an Up-Front egg and will be aiming on making her debut as... something. Actress, idol, or talento.

On the other hand, Yuri-tan will be starting college. That makes me sad, sort of, because she's very professional and could do very well as a performer, but at the same time, she doesn't strike me entirely as idol material.

Whatever these three do with their lives from now on, I wish them the best and hope to see them again sometime.


Now if you need me, I'll be over here crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment