Friday, July 10, 2009

This Needs to be Done

There are three issues that I find I must comment on.


Number one- Arihara Kanna leaving

Don't act like you didn't see it coming. Bunion surgery generally requires 8 weeks for recovery. Kanna had twice that. Sure, you can give her a little extra time because she's a dancer, but come on. You knew she would be getting the boot. I mean, it's the perfect excuse. She was injured and felt like she wanted to live a normal life. Good for her. But we all know that there's something going on under there. Like Fujimoto Miki and Yaguchi Mari resigning, or Maiha and Megumi returning to being normal students. Come on. Tsunku's working behind the scenes. But it's not like the group is losing anything. She never got solos. Now, if it were Airi or Maimi who was leaving, THAT would be a loss for c-ute. But to tell you the truth, I didn't notice the transition from seven members to six, except for the fact that their dances were symmetrical. Actually, I never even noticed Kanna when she WAS in c-ute.

However, I will give the Kanna fans something. She was one of the stronger singers, which I discovered by listening to their most recent album. So yes, it is a little sad that Hello! Project is losing even more talent.



Number two- The UNOFFICIAL casting for the new groups

Mind you, these are rumors. It has not been officially confirmed, but it's been pretty well circulated, so I might as well voice my opinions on them.

Aa!- Suzuki Airi, Natsuyaki Miyabi, Saho Akari

Everyone's wondering where Tanaka is. She's in HIGH KING. I'll be saying this a lot, so you might as well memorize it now.
Saho was cute in Shugo Chara Eggs, in a sort of awkward, "I don't really want to be here" way. She's gonna be completely crushed by Airi and Miyabi. Poor girl.

Shin Minimoni- Linlin, Fukuda Kanon, Takeuchi Akari, Miyamoto Karin

Linlin makes this group win. I don't care about the Eggs. xD Even though Kanon is very cute.

Pucchimoni V- Nakajima Saki, Mano Erina, Hagiwara Mai

UTTER, COMPLETE FAIL. I can't talk about this group. It's too sickening. xD

ZYX-a- Niigaki Risa, Kusumi Koharu, Tsugunaga Momoko, Sudou Maasa, Wada Ayaka, Umeda Erika, Ogawa Saki, Tokunaga Chinami

DID I TOTALLY CALL IT OR WHAT? I'm serious. When Gaki sang Shiroi Tokyo, I knew that she was total Yaguchi material. xD I really like this group. Everyone is all "Where's Maimi and Captain?" HIGH-KING. They're in HIGH-KING. Remember? HIGH-KING. They already have a group. But Maasa, Gaki, and Erika together in one group means that there will be strong vocals. Momoko and Koharu will offer the personality, and the Eggs and Chinami will be cute. =D

Zoku Biyuuden- Michishige Sayumi, Sugaya Risako, Junjun

I also guess this one. Shige is the Ishikawa of this generation. I was praying that she wouldn't be in the same group as Junjun. xD But I like Junjun being sexy. Risako will hold the group up vocally, and Junjun will be able to show what she's got. Shige will probably prevent the group from being great. Oh well. I hope they do okay.

Tanpopo#- Kamei Eri, Okai Chisato, Kumai Yurina, Mitsui Aika

Ehh... I only like Kamei. The rest of them are a little too kiddish and cutesy for Tanpopo. But I think they'll blend well.



Number Three- LEAVE SUGAYA RISAKO ALONE FOR TSUNKU'S SAKE!


I've been meaning to talk about this for a while.

I don't understand all the hatred for Risako.

I mean, I've encountered people who refer to her as 'Tubby' and insult her singing. My god? What's with the aggression?

I hate that an idol is attacked because she's gained a little weight or just has a round face. Gaki gained quite a bit of weight, but then she dropped it all. And actually, I preferred her when she was rounder. It's not obese. It's healthy. If you look at pictures, they're not overweight. They're just not SKINNY. So, for those of you who read this, I'd like to request--no, I DEMAND that you discourage people calling her fat.

I also hate it when people say she's a bad singer. When is she ever a bad singer? She's the strongest vocalist in Berryz. It may not be a cute, sweet voice like Miyabi's, but she has a huge range and is a good singer. Sometimes I feel like big, deep voices are under-appreciated. In most societies, you know, a deep voice is preferred over a helium voice. Like, there was a girl on Youtube who posted on one of my dubs "You have a man voice". I'm sorry. I'm a mezzo, so I'm NOWHERE close to having a man's voice. As I told her, not everyone can have cute, child-like voices. Just because we sound different doesn't mean you can attack us.

I'm a little worked up for no real apparent reason, but I'm totally serious. Leave her alone, you guys. It's hard to maintain a steady, perfect voice when you're dancing. Let's see you try. Also, she's only, what, fourteen? Fifteen? Her voice is still maturing. She's just hitting a rough patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment